1. What personal data do we collect and process, and how do we use it?
|What personal data do we process?||Why do we process this personal data?||What is our lawful basis for processing?|
|Identity Data: this may include your name, geographical location and other personal identifiers.
Contact Data: this may include your email address, phone number(s), physical address and any other contact details you may choose to provide to us.
|Usage Data: we may process data regarding general technical use of the Website, such as IP addresses and diagnostic information.||
2. Who do we share your personal data with?
By using the Website, we may need to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties in limited circumstances:
- Third party service providers: your personal data may be held and processed securely by us on the dedicated systems supplied, monitored and maintained by our third party infrastructure providers, and by any other third party service providers we may use, such as our Website hosting provider, customer relationship management provider and identity provider;
- Regulators or law enforcement agencies: if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, we may share your personal data with a regulator or law enforcement agency to comply with legal or regulatory requests.
3. Transfers of your personal data
We may transfer your personal data outside of the EU (or the UK to the extent the UK is no longer part of the EU).
Where applicable, we may look to rely on an adequacy decision of the European Commission (for example, relying on a Privacy Shield certification where the transfer contains a US entity); click here for more information, Alternatively, in the case of transfers of your personal data outside of the EU (or the UK to the extent the UK is no longer part of the EU), where the transfers are not to countries that provide an adequate level of protection, we will use reasonable efforts to put in place appropriate safeguards to cover transfers of your personal data including, for example, signing standard contractual clauses/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. Please click here for a link to the standard contractual/data protection clauses and click here for more information about the Privacy Shield for US companies.
If you would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. The website and third party websites
6. Data retention
We store your personal data in line with legal, regulatory, financial and good-practice requirements. If you want to know more about our data retention policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Accessing your personal data and your rights
As a result of us collecting and processing your personal data, you have the following legal rights:
- to access personal data held about you;
- to request us to make any changes to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to request your personal data is erased where we do not have a compelling reason to continue to process such data in certain circumstances;
- to receive your personal data provided to us as a data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where our processing of the data is based on: (i) your consent; (ii) our necessity for performance of a contract to which you are a party to; or (iii) steps taken at your request prior to entering into a contract with us and the processing is carried out by automated means;
- to object to, or restrict, our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- if we use your personal data for direct marketing, you can ask us to stop and we will comply with your request;
- if we use your personal data on the basis of having a legitimate interest, you can object to our use of it for those purposes, giving an explanation of your particular situation, and we will consider your objection;
- to object to, and not be subject to a decision which is based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or could significantly affect you; and
- to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory body.
To exercise any of your rights set out above, including to withdraw your consent where we have stated we are processing your personal data based on your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Contacting us and changes to your personal data
Please notify us by email with any changes to your personal data at any time.