Welcome to the Quix Tour!
The Quix Tour is designed to help you build a complete stream processing pipeline with Quix in less than 30 minutes (ten minutes per stage of the pipeline). If you've already done the Quickstart, the time to completion is under 20 minutes.
Watch the video showing what you're going to build:
The complete code for the Quix Tour can be found in the Quix Tutorials GitHub repository.
The Quix Tour is split into three parts. These parts represent the typical stream processing pipeline:
- Ingest - this is where you get your data into Quix using one of many methods. In Quix Platform this is typically implemented using a Source.
- Process - here you process your data in a manner depending on your use case. In Quix Platform this is implemented using a Transform.
- Serve - typically you display information, such as on real-time charts, or perhaps persist your data in a database. In Quix Platform this is implemented using a Destination.
This general stream processing architecture is illustrated in the following diagram:
CPU overload detection pipeline
The pipeline you will implement:
- Ingest - you publish data from your laptop into Quix Platform using the Quix client library, Quix Streams. You're going to publish your real-time CPU load. You could alternatively publish data from a CSV file, or any other source required for your use case. If you needed to connect to an external service, you could alternatively use one of Quix's many connectors.
- Process - in this step, you process your data. There are many types of processing, one of which is the transform. There are many possible types of transform. Here you create a transform that performs threshold detection. You publish a message to the transform's output topic.
- Serve - when you receive a message indicating CPU load has exceeded the threshold you (optionally) send an SMS to the system administrator.
The components in the pipeline are connected together by topics.
To complete the Quix Tour you'll need the following:
🏃♀️ Next step
Get your data into Quix Platform!