This project is a connector to Ably. It helps you subscribe to any channel as a source for your Quix application.
You can also use it to stream data from Ably's Hub to quickly access open data.
How to run
Create a Quix account or log-in and visit the Samples to use this project.
Deploy on the Sample, deploys a pre-built container in Quix. Complete the environment variables to configure the container.
Edit code on the Sample, forks the project to your own Git repo so you can customize it before deploying.
The code sample uses the following environment variables:
- output: Name of the output topic to write into.
- AblyToken: The Ably API token to use.
- AblyChannel: The Ably Channel to subscribe to.
- StreamId: A name for the data stream.
Requirements / Prerequisites
- An active Ably subscription (The free account is ok too)
Choosing an Ably source
- Go to the Ably Hub or your Ably account.
- Pick a data source like 'Live Trains', 'Live Bitcoin' or one of your own channels.
- Choose the "Shell script" option in the Hub, or "Your App"/"API Keys" from the dashboard.
- Copy the API Key (note that this API key is usually only going to last 4 hours for the free Ably account)
- Paste this into the AblyToken box in Quix
Repeat this for the "channel"
When you run the code it subscribes to the Ably data source you configured and streams the data into Quix.
Submit forked projects to the Quix GitHub repo. Any new project that we accept will be attributed to you and you'll receive $200 in Quix credit.
This project is open source under the Apache 2.0 license and available in our GitHub repo.
Please star us and mention us on social to show your appreciation.